Anemia is one of the common problems, especially for girls. We lose blood every month and the loss has to be compensated regularly or else we will be anemic. As I have already mentioned in the previous post, I am an anemic and I am currently trying to get back to the normal hemoglobin level. So I just thought I would note down my regime for everyone like me.
So here are the ways, tips, tricks, food and medicines I use to be back to the normal level. Please note that I am not associated with any of the brands that I am going to mention in this post and I am no way trying to promote or boost sales for them. My intention is simply to help out those girls like me who are suffering from the condition called anemia.
How to diagnose if you have anemia?
- First and the foremost symptom is tiredness. You will start feeling tired for no peculiar reasons and that might disturb you with your lifestyle.
- When you are getting out of bed after lying down for some time, you will have a sort of black screen in your head and you might feel a sense of dizziness too.
- Gently pull down the skin of the lower portion of your eyes, to have a look at the white portion of your eyes from the water line. If it is pale and white, you are anemic. If it is pink and red, you are not.
- Have a look at your lips, if it is appearing pale then you are anemic.
If you see that the above-mentioned points seem to be true for you, then please have a blood test immediately.
How do I treat anemia?
Meet the first one.
- When I checked my eyes before and after taking this tonic, I can REALLY see the difference. When it looked white and pale before, it has become red and pink NOW ( in a period of fewer than 2 weeks). I can’t say that all the praises go to this one before I really managed to take care of my food and drink habits too.
- It has helped me with my fatigue-ness.
- It has increased my appetite too.
South India is famous for the hot red pickles with those chilly powder too. I was and is a fan of it. But trust me I decided to say NO to pickles for a while in my life and that has helped me a lot.
4) I drink Amla juice or lime water. ( Both can help an anemic). I have already shared my amla squash recipe here.
5) My mom makes carrot juice and beetroot juice for me once or twice in a week too. Boil a beet or carrot to help it subside the raw taste. And then allow it cool and blend it with some sugar, milk/water too. When carrots are blended in milk, it tastes similar to the carrot halwa. I prefer beets juice to be made in water alone.
Tip: Mom adds a small piece of ginger to the carrot juice and the juice of half a lemon to the beets. This helps to enhance the flavor.