Well, I was about to talk about my tonic/homemade squash for boosting immunity and to be healthy. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients of Amla/Gooseberry Squash Drink :-
- Amla/Indian Gooseberry- 1/2 kg
- Turmeric- a generous pinch (optional, but recommended)
- Lemon juice- 2 no’s
- Ginger- an inch
- Water- as required to blend + additional 3 cups
- Whole black pepper- 5-6no.s
- Sugar-2 or 2 1/2 cups
Procedure to make Amla/Gooseberry Squash Drink Recipe:-
- Wash, drain and deseed the gooseberries.
- I used my heavy black stone pestle to pressurize each of them separately to reveal its seed.
- Move its flesh to a blender. Add just enough water to blend it smoothly and sieve the juice to a heavy bottom saucepan. I blended them twice to ensure that there’s no juice left in the residue.
- Add the sugar, pepper, turmeric, grated ginger and let it boil for a few minutes on high flame.
- Cover with a lid and allow boiling and reducing over a medium-low flame for 15-20 minutes. By this time, it should have a got the texture of a syrup. If not, leave it to boil for a few more minutes again. Lastly, add the lemon juice and leave it to cool at the room temperature.
- Move this syrup to a moisture-free bottle and store this in the fridge to use it as required.
To make your own instant, preservative-free gooseberry drink, Simply add 2-3 tablespoons of the bottled syrup into a tall glass and add water to fill the rest of the glass. ( You can use the syrup as little- as more as your taste buds willingness :))
I have already shared the benefits of Nellikarishtam – an ayurvedic syrup for boosting appetite and gives many other health benefits as well. Don’t forget to check it out here.
To see all the weight recipes and tips I have shared so far on this blog, please check out the archives page. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @skinnyzblog and see our stories + posts.
Archives page: www.skinnysfitness.com/archives
- Instagram: @skinnyzblog
Facebook Page: Skinny’s Fitness
Facebook Group: Skinny’s Fitness
Subscribe to the blog by leaving the email address in any of our blog pages, confirm your subscription and start receiving regular updates!
Love you, sweethearts!