Simple Food Recipes to Gain Weight
Let’s admit it. We all get lazy at times when it comes to cooking food. At the worst case, this might even take you to that scary step of ‘skipping the meal’ idea. And that’s the reason why I came up with this post. Here are the simple food recipes to gain weight easily and never skip a meal.
Bread and eggs are two things that can never let you down when you’re running out of time.
So, I have included a lot of them on the list.
Hostel-friendly Weight Gain Meals
1) Peanut Butter Sandwich: starting with the simplest one. Butter some pieces of bread slices and toast them. Now spread some teaspoons of peanut butter lavishly into it. And your peanut butter sandwich is ready.
2) Bread Omelette: to make bread omelette take 2 – 3 eggs in a bowl and add some chopped green chillies, onions, spices and salt according to your taste, pour this onto a low flamed pan. Arrange two or more slices of bread onto it before the Omelette gets completely cooked. Once the side is cooked, flip the omelette and cook the other side too. Remove to a plate and serve once both the sides are browned.
3) Garlic bread with bull’s eye eggs:
For the garlic bread, slice some pieces of bread. To 3 tbsps of softened butter, add some chopped or pressed garlic cloves. Beat really well with a fork after adding some salt to taste. You can also add shredded cheese if you like to. Serve together with bull’s eye eggs.
4) Cheese Omelette: to prepare cheese Omelette, add eggs to a bowl, onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper and beat well. Cook on the low-medium flame pan, and top with some of your favorite cheese. Cover with a lid and cook until the egg is cooked and the cheese is all melted.
5) Veggie n mayo sandwich: As the name suggests, add your favorite veggies boiled or shredded thinly into a bowl, add salt and pepper and plenty of mayonnaise. Butter the bread slices and spread the above-prepared mixture and you are good to go.
Simple Weight Gain Food List
6) Pasta / Macaroni :
Saute your favorite veggies with spices and salt and add boiled pasta. This is one of the easiest and heavy on stomach kind of meal.
7) One Pot, Rice dishes: There are much one-pot rice dishes choose from. For the preparation, add some oil to a heavy bottomed pan or cooker, season some spices like cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and add some sliced onions, tomatoes, add any kind of peas you like (Chickpeas, green peas etc), chicken/fish/eggs/soy/Paneer if you prefer, spices to taste, and salt. Add washed rice, and enough water and close it until the rice is cooked.
8) Chicken and Mayo Sandwich: boil some boneless chicken along with some oil, salt, and pepper. Once the chicken gets cooked, leave the water and shred the chicken pieces. To a bowl add some mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and add the shredded chicken. Sandwich this mixture between the bread slices and that’s it.
9) Fried Rice: If you can store cooked rice in your refrigerator, this recipe can easily make up a lunch or dinner. To prepare this recipe to add oil, onions, veggies of your choice, egg/meat as your taste preference, season with pepper, salt, vinegar, and some soy sauce. Add the cooked rice into it and stir fry for some time until everything is well combined.
10) Bread Pizza: To prepare this dish, arrange the bread slices on a baking dish, spread a teaspoon of tomato ketchup over it and add the chopped onions, mushrooms, olives, a pinch of oregano, salt, and pepper with loads of mozzarella cheese topping. Bake or heat until the cheese is melted evenly.
As you can understand these are some really simple food to gain weight and cook, that thing you need to focus is on the quantity or the portion of the food you include in your diet.
All the recipes are mine unless stated otherwise.
If you are new to my blog, I suggest you read the archives page to see all the weight gain related posts I have shared on the blog so far.